In this busy world of ours, we could all use a little space to breathe. With more and more of us working from home, it can be difficult to carve out time for rest, respite, and wellbeing in our daily lives.
Jade is another happy customer who has invited some breathing space into her life thanks to a Backyard Pod. Her Byron Bay home is even more spacious and comfortable thanks to the addition of a yoga retreat space that makes the most of the tropical and tranquil nature of the NSW Northern Rivers region.
For Jade, a backyard yoga studio was an ideal way to integrate mindfulness and getting grounded with her busy professional life. Read on to learn how a Backyard Pod makes a gorgeous space to dedicate to your wellness practices.
Jade wanted an affordable space to separate her private family life and professional space.
Byron Bay is renowned for being a centre of spirituality, yoga, and a place to feel peace. But it can be hard to change into meditation mode when you are running your own business out of your home. As Jade’s business grew, her yoga practice diminished. Seeking space to dedicate to her optimal wellbeing, Jade got in contact with Backyard Pods to set up a quote.
“Yoga is a huge part of my life. I love going to classes, but my personal practice is what really keeps me grounded. There’s really no price I can put on having a regular yoga practice, but when work starts to stack up, it’s unfortunately one of the first things in my free time that goes out the window.”
This backyard yoga studio was designed not just to be a place of solitude and reflection for Jade, but doubles as a comfortable and modern guest space for visitors.
This Backyard Pod reflects and respects the sun-tropical rainforest surrounds of Byron Bay. By not requiring concrete slab construction, the structural ingenuity of a Backyard Pod can exist in harmony with the local ecosystem.
The engineering of the flooring and framing system allows for solidity and sturdiness allows for easy construction and minimal environmental impact.
Jade’s backyard yoga structure has a double-glazed sliding door to keep warm in winter, with a custom sliding fly screen door for keeping out the summer mosquitos. There’s also a full kitchen which doubles as a place to make a post-yoga tea or smoothie, or space for her guests to cook a simple meal. The spacious bedroom looks out to nature through huge double-glazed windows. There’s an ensuite bathroom with concealed laundry, and an integrated office space with a view above the desk to the pathway where visitors could be making their way.
Jade’s Backyard Pod is built to be a lasting addition to her self-sufficient home. The TruCore steel frame also cuts out any issue with termites, while the ColorBond cladding requires little to no maintenance for years to come.
Solar panels and tank rainwater are collected from the roof of the Backyard Pod, allowing Jade’s home to be a reflection of her environmentally friendly ethos.
A Backyard Pod has allowed Jade to add value to her home, given the gift of a wellness retreat right outside her door, and helped to bring balance to her life.
“A Backyard Pod seemed like the natural choice for building a my very own luxury backyard yoga studio. Now I have a little oasis of calm I can retreat to anytime.”
“My Backyard Pod is such a versatile space. Byron Bay is a popular spot to visit, so I’m always having people come and stay. Now I have a space where my guests can fully relax, and I can still do what I need to work.”
Jade’s backyard yoga studio has also upped the value on her home considerably.
“It was really a win-win choice, business-wise both for property value and for my lifestyle. Now my property has an extra bedroom, bathroom and living area, and I didn’t have to deal with the renovations process disrupting my living space.”
Now that she has this dedicated space for health and wellness, Jade is better able to focus on living the good life and growing her business.
Project Breakdown: Pod kit size 4.5m x 10m with internal layout as follows:
- entry with 1x double-glazed swinging door 2150mm x 820mm (swinging internally + flyscreen, colour to match others)
- kitchenette 3m-wide including sink with integrated waste cabinet under; drawer units; freestanding fridge up to approx. 70cm-wide; wall cabinets above; room for freestanding desk approx. 1200mm-wide plus chest of drawers approx. 600mm-wide; 2x modular double-glazed awning-style windows 600mm x 1545mm stacked vertically, e.g.: 1200mm-high (above desk/worktop)
- ensuite bathroom 4.35m x 1.4m; shower area approx. 900mm x 1400mm; compact toilet suite; vanity approx. 120cm-wide with RH basin; 1200mm-wide mirrored storage cabinet above; frosted windows above toilet suite and vanity bench (600x600mm); built-in wardrobe/utility cabinet 1.4m-wide; blade wall between cabinets and cavity/pocket-sliding door
- semi-open bedroom layout (width approx. 2.8m) with room for QS bed and twin bedside tables approx. 50cm-wide; more built-in wardrobes approx. 2.2m-wide; panoramic modular window total glazed area 2.4m-wide x 1.8m-high set 600mm above floor-level (top height approx. 2.4m), comprising 6x modular double-glazed awning-style windows each 600mm x 1200mm (in two adjacent stacks)
- open-plan living/dining area with 1x custom-ordered double-glazed sliding doors approx. 4.24m-wide leading to custom 5m-wide deck outside (builder will determine); panoramic modular window total glazed area 2.4m-wide x 1.8m-high set 300mm above floor-level, comprising 6x double-glazed awning-style windows each 600mm x 1200mm (in two adjacent stacks)
[living] 1 x double-glazed sliding door 4240x2150mm + sliding flyscreen door; 4x awning-style windows 1200x600mm + flyscreens; 2x awning-style windows 1545x600mm + flyscreens for kitchen/study (stacked vertically); 1x double-glazed swinging door 820x2150mm for entry + flyscreen door– all with locks/keys…
[bedroom] 6x double-glazed awning-style window 600mm x 1200mm + flyscreens (two vertical stacks of 3x)
[bathroom/dressing] 2x double-glazed awning-style windows each 600mm x 600mm with matching flyscreens, and frosting for privacy
|4.5 x 10 Basic Pod Kit on Piers||$14,641|
|Lintels for openings 16LM||$ 545|
|Installation to Lock-Up||$14,355|
|Cabinetry & fit out with connections etc.||$40,749|
|Total (*as a guide only)||$80,324*|
The above budget breakdown is a guide only, as the variables are many, and prices can be quite different from state to state.
Note; that any project of this size will require some form of council approval, and in some case development approval and a building permit with certification. We are happy to guide you in the right direction, find out more by clicking here >> https://www.backyardpods.com.au/about/approvals/
Pod pre-purchase checks are also available here, to establish whether you would have any difficulty obtaining approval >> https://www.3corners.com.au/shop/pod-pre-order-advice/
Get in touch with us today. Fill in our enquiry form here >> https://backyardpods.wufoo.com/forms/m2bdzra0b4wkdo/